Let’s Hike! But Bake Our Granola Bar Recipe First.
March 31, 2022
With the warmer weather finally arriving, it’s time for you and the gang to break out the spring hiking gear! And along with the right shoes and packs, having the snacks that will keep you and the gang going and have lots of amazing savory flavor is all-important. That's where our Base Camp Granola Bar recipe comes in.
Our fruity and nutty bars are under 120 calories and have zero added sugars. These are delicious anytime – as a breakfast bar, a mid-day snack, or as a healthy and fun alternative to Trail Mix!
What You Need To Make Our Base Camp Granola Bar Recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons stevia sweetener
- 5 squeezes caramel-flavored liquid stevia sweetener
- 5 squeezes coconut-flavored liquid stevia sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted wheat germ
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add the egg whites, peanut butter, stevia sweetener, both flavors of liquid stevia sweetener, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, and stir.
- Add the oats, cereal, wheat germ, almonds, and cranberries. Stir well to combine.
- Spread the mixture into the pan, pressing down with the back of a spoon. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars. This recipe is perfect for customizing the ingredients to your favorite spices, fruits, and nuts. Let us know how you’d make this recipe your very own!
Do you have a recipe that you want us to share? Submit your favorite recipes and we may feature it!
Home Is the Nicest Place There Is
By 2030, every Baby Boomer will finally celebrate their 65th birthday. More people than ever are deciding where they will be
Check In with the Best Hotel Rates with AMBA Passport!
Summer is here, and that means it’s time to pack the bags, grab the camera, and enjoy some travel with the best hotel
Brace Yourself! 3D Printing is Revolutionizing Dentistry
Technological innovations are constantly bringing big changes to healthcare, and dentistry is no exception. For instance, 3D
Looking Out For Your Vision: 3 Unusual Eye Conditions
There’s truth to the saying, “with age comes wisdom”. Unfortunately, age can also bring eye issues. After 50,