Top 10 Tips for Holiday Travel
October 28, 2020
Millions of people are expected to travel throughout the upcoming holiday season. With more vehicles on the roads, travel risks are increased. Here are some tips to remain safe and be prepared if you are involved in an accident.
- Drive safely. Make sure your car is in good condition for a road trip.
- Pack an emergency preparedness kit.
- Check the weather along your route. If extreme weather conditions are in the forecast, consider delaying your trip.
- Be well rested and alert. During long trips, rotate drivers. If you’re too tired to drive, stop and get some rest.
- Buckle up, slow down, and don’t drive impaired.
- Give your full attention to the road. Do not text while driving.
- If you have car trouble, pull off the road as far as possible. Make sure you stay with your vehicle at all times.
- Before you start the trip, check your tire pressure. Make sure you rotate your tires every 7,500 miles.
- Everything you touch at rest stops has likely been touched by someone else. This is one of the ways that germs spread – maybe even the coronavirus. Carry hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial wipes with you. You can use them to wash your hands or wipe down surfaces.
- Get an emergency medical transportation membership through MASA. Should you be involved in an accident and need ground or air medical transportation, MASA protects you from the staggering cost of medical transportation, such as an ambulance or airlift, which can run as high as $50,000. MASA pays these transport costs in full, with no deductibles, co-pays or dollar limits. Plus, you can enjoy a 40% savings off standard MASA membership fees, thanks to your association. MASA has you covered, regardless of your age or medical condition.
Learn more online at www.AMBAmedtransport.com or call 877-290-3169.
Check In with the Best Hotel Rates with AMBA Passport!
Summer is here, and that means it’s time to pack the bags, grab the camera, and enjoy some travel with the best hotel
Brace Yourself! 3D Printing is Revolutionizing Dentistry
Technological innovations are constantly bringing big changes to healthcare, and dentistry is no exception. For instance, 3D
Looking Out For Your Vision: 3 Unusual Eye Conditions
There’s truth to the saying, “with age comes wisdom”. Unfortunately, age can also bring eye issues. After 50,
No Joke! There Are Amazing Health Benefits to Laughter.
Have you ever been dwelling on something that was bothering you and you heard a loved one laughing? Suddenly, your mood is